Ledes of my Life

"My life in the news world."

5.31.2009

New News

I have decided to become more diligent in my blogging, especially now that I have been accepted to study in Israel, Jordan, & Egypt this fall! I had my final acceptance interview this past week, so it is official. I be living & studying there from Sept. 1st to Dec. 17th. I feel so blessed to receive this opportunity to see the world and study other cultures. While it leaves a hefty fee on my student financial account, I know it will be a worthwhile experience. I will not have my cell phone with me to text or communicate with friends & family while I between those dates unfortunately, which is why I believe I will use this to let family, etc know of my happenings.

The winter semester ended fine. I got through finals, still recovering from being sick. I did not do as well as I would have liked, but it was a difficult semester overall, so to come out surviving was sufficient. My RA duties are officially over for life. It was a good job & I am so glad to have met and talked with all of the girls in Fox Hall. They were so wonderful. I really lucked out in having the best building ever to look after. I miss all my friends & the girls in our hall so much! It is so much quieter & empty at my family's home.

We are leaving for Hawaii (Kauai actually) soon. I am excited, though I haven't even packed yet. Probably because I feel like somebody is going to walk up to me in the next 24 hours and tell me it was all a joke or something went wrong. Meme (grandmother) & Aunt Holly are coming with us too! I love them so much, so it will be amazing to share this with them! I miss them even though I just saw them in February.

It has been torturing me that I have not been able to visit Texas this summer....at least until the beginning of August. There are just so many people I would love to visit...old friends...newer friends...family. It is funny how things work out....I move away and still all the new friends I make are from Tx too. And I am still not there. I guess i just need to keep reminding myself, like the past 4 years, that there is a reason why Heavenly Father has put me here...even if I cannot see why. At least I am guaranteed to go because my bff Kara is getting married in August...which still seems so surreal to me. He is so lucky to have her; I have been so lucky to have her as a best friend these past...15 years!

So much is changing it's hard to keep up sometimes, especially when my life seems so unorderly right now & my future undefinite. Needless to say I am not close to "settling down" anytime soon. Though I am happy for many of my friends that have already. Who knows what I'll be doing a year from now...studying...working...preparing for a mission...I have no idea. And I am okay with that.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you Jordon you made it another year. How exciting to be going to all of these places. Please take lots of pictures and post them if you get a chance. I always enjoy reading your blog to see what you have been up to. Please post as often as you can and take care of your self. Love you and we are always praying for you. Karen