Ledes of my Life

"My life in the news world."

5.25.2011

The Jazzy Life

This week The Riverdale Press' Focus On page (feature page of our weekly newspaper) was on a young jazz musician who performs in jazz hotspots though he hasn't graduated from high school yet. I like this design, but I love my first one on Bronx Week. It was fun to design something musical.

My concept was to spell "jazz" with music notes. I wanted the design to be more simple, and while it is,  it might be a tad cluttered. What do you think? Does it look professional enough? That is my goal.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Check out another post tomorrow with a link to my article in The Press' special 50+ Section this week. (It's all about health for adults 50 years and older.) To read any of my articles from my internship, just visit www.riverdalepress.com and search for Jordan Carroll.

Design by Jordan Carroll, article by Adam Wisnieski

2 comments:

AnnCP said...

You really want to hear what I have to say? One item - title - take out the word "He's". I have some other thoughts. Has it already been published? Overall it looks good and pulls your eye in and I like what you did with the word Jazz

J.J. Despain said...

Amazing! If those Riverdale Press people know what's good for them, they'll never let you leave.