Ledes of my Life

"My life in the news world."

5.10.2011

Bylines & Broadway

Marry Poppins on Broadway.

I got a byline. Well, a shared one at least. This week's paper included a "Focus On" done by yours truly. We highlighted a woman/artist, Lanny Lasky, who recently died and has some of her work currently displayed in a gallery. She was a retired director at the Museum of Modern Art, among many other things.
Check out my article later this week on riverdalepress.com. You can find it under obituaries.


I feel like I haven't posted in eons. Well, I've been working on updating the web, copy editing, writing a few briefs.


Last weekend, I saw my first broadway ever. Mary Poppins. I felt like I was 8 years old again. I thought it was brilliant. Definitely a great show for kids and families visiting New York. The effects and sets themselves made it wonderful. The house transformed from the first floor, to the attic where the children slept. There was a park. The roofs and chimney's. And the best part: I paid $32 for my ticket. Went to the box office when it opened and got some of the last, cheap tickets. It was great.


This week I will see Wonderland (which is apparently ending its run this weekend? Correct me if I'm wrong.) and possibly Phantom of the Opera. My family is visiting and they have a 9 year old daughter they want to take to a show. The obstacle is finding a show appropriate for children that you dont have to pay $200 per ticket. We've debated Wicked, Phantom, Lion King, Mary Poppins. What would you see?

2 comments:

Erin Despain said...

I've seen Wicked, Phantom, and Lion King. I think a 9 year old would LOVE Lion King- I did! It was amazing! I would love to see it again.

Brianne Hepworth said...

Go see Lion King with the family! They would love it!! But you definitely have to see wicked and phantom too. I've seen all of them and they are so great! A 9-year-old might like wicked too. It is really fun and the music is great.