Ledes of my Life

"My life in the news world."

4.29.2011

Walking through the Rain: Day 4

(PICTURES of Central Park to be uploaded tonight)

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I went to work. I typed up a calendar all day. Went for a donut run (Dunkin Donuts, of course) and got caught in the rain. and sat drying.

I finished my work a little early, and since the other interns wouldn't be home for several hours, i went and explored on my own.

I am beginning to feel like a natural and New Yorker. I put on my khaki raincoat and set our for Central Park. I got off at 72 St. and walked a couple blocks over to the park. How can anyone not love spring? (Yes, it rains and it gets muddy, though the city could use a good wash) But the flowers everywhere are so lovely! All colors of tulips fill the flowerbeds around the city. The same goes for Central Park. I almost felt like I was outdoors, out of the city. And then you hear the sirens and it brings you back. It was refreshing. If I lived closer, I would walk or sit in the park every day. I eventually made my way by Trump Tower and Columbia Circle. At this point I got a hankering for some dinner. (I don't really eat lunch here.)




Olympic Pita. Courtesy of Serious Eats.

I've been craving a real falafel since I left Jerusalem, so that's what I searched for. Luckily, I found a website that ranked the top 10 falafel sandwiches in the city! I didn't go to the top restaurant. I wasn't looking for anything fancy. So, I hopped down to 58 West 38th St to Olympic Pita.

It was one of the most authentic ones I have eaten since returning to the U.S. The falafel itself was a little dry (Which the review said) but they included fries! and the hot sauce gave it a similar spice to my favorite 7 shekel stand in Jerusalem. I also ordered some baklava, which was very tasty.

After getting my food to go, I headed back to 125 St and ran into Maria on the way home. Tiffany and I are hoping to plan some relaxing yet exciting things to do this weekend. I cannot wait to see what we end up doing.

Here are some activities I plan on checking off my list before I leave:

0 comments: